Tutorial: eye defaults for TS4
Just a quick little thing I put together this afternoon :D I got a few questions about eye replacements via private messages and I’ve also noticed a few people interested in making their own replacements, I figured it would have been nice to make an actual tutorial on how to make eyes :D
WARNING: as the game isn’t out yet, the process might be different once the full game comes out. The instructions you will see here/the defaults you will produce using this tutorial will work for the TS4 CAS Demo, but I cannot guarantee they will work the same in the actual game!
Stuff you will need:
● An already made eye default replacement package. Why? Because it’s easier to just extract textures from there, instead of having to search them manually between hundreds of textures in S4PE :D You can download my eye replacement and use that as reference ^_^ (Note: when I made my replacement I used this awesome file as reference instead. However, I guess any eye default package will do, as long as you extract/edit the textures ^_^ as I said, it’s just for reference ^^)
● S4PE: to extract/re-import the textures. See instructions on Simlogical for more infos.
● An image editing software, like Photoshop or GIMP. Personally, I use Photoshop. Paint.NET could also be a free software option: it also comes with .dds plugins already included, so you don’t have to install them separately :D
though I find it a pain in the ass to use and avoid it like plague
● NVIDIA .dds plugins for Photoshop: just like in TS3, you’ll need them to edit the textures.
Note: if you have a 64 bit version of Windows and use Photoshop, you will have to download the 32 bit installer of the plugin. The 64 bit one appears to be bugged and doesn’t install properly.
Now, to the tutorial itself:
1. Open the eye default replacement package you downloaded in S4PE. You will see various “UNKN” files: they’re the eye textures you will need. If you click on each of them, you will see a little preview on the right side of the page. Select the first texture, right-click and select “Export as .dds”. Save the file where you can easily find it. Also, you may want to give it a somewhat descriptive name, so that you can tell at first look which color is which :D
2. Do the same exact thing with the other texture files. Once finished, you should have 13 .dds files, one for each default eye colour available in game.
3. Photoshop time! :D Import your .dds file in Photoshop and edit it to your liking. Use the original iris as a reference for the size. Once you’re satisfied with your texture, export it as a DXT5/ARGB 8 bpp Interpolated Alpha and make sure to keep “Generate MIP Maps” selected. You can either save the new texture over the old file or make a whole new folder for your edited eye textures. Personally, I prefer to make a new folder and keep the old textures as reference in case I fuck something up :D
Do the same process for all the other eye recolours.
4. Back to S4PE. Open the original eye default replacement package if you haven’t it already opened, and select the texture/colour you want to change. This might be a little bit of a pain in the ass, ‘cos the texture previews are tiiiiiiiiiiny and most colors will look all the same D: anyway: once you find the right color, right click on the texture and select “Import from .dds”. Select your edited eye texture and Click “Yes” when asked if you want to commit changes.
5. IT GIVES ME AN ERROR! D:
…Yes, happened to me too. Ignore it and keep substituting your old textures with the new ones. Once you’re done, save your package file with a new name. Your texture previews will now show up correctly! :D I don’t know what exactly causes S4PE to give you an error message whenever you substitute textures (I guess it has to do with it being still a beta?), but closing and re-opening your package files should work to get rid of any error message.
Drop your saved .package file in your Mods folder, open your CAS Demo
be ready to cover your eyes to protect yourself from the sight of bugged eyed monsters in case you’ve fucked upand… ta-da! :D
Hope it was clear enough. If you have any questions, feel free to ask ^___^
( ﾟ∀ﾟ) ﾉ♡
THEME 006 - Photoshop CC
- Photoshop CC based interface
- Unique loading page
- Sidebar image: 370 x 200 px
- 400px posts, and will resize to fit smaller screens
- 3 custom titles
- Hover tags
- Like / reblog buttons
- Six custom links
- Description with scrollbar if needed
- Option to enable / disable icons on ask posts
- Built in audio art for posts lacking it
- Option for custom cursor
Like / reblog this post if you plan on using this theme!
Oh wow, this one is really creative and unique.
Can anyone link me to some tutorials for creating cc for TS4, especially skin and eyes? I swear I saw one but I can’t seem to find it.
Very old picture, but here my Aoba. It’s hard to make a sim of an anime character.
Hair doesn’t really look like his from the front, I just chose it because it has bangs and is long at the back.
Now I need to catch up on some NoiAo fics…
Good night ♥
Get The Sims 2: Ultimate collection for FREE!!!!
Simply go to “Redeem product code” in Origin and enter: I-LOVE-THE-SIMS
It is for 1 week only, so hurry!
Yep, I have it downloading as we speak. I am a sucker for free stuff.
words cannot express my excitement!!! downloading right now.
tfw the repo man steals your shit.
Happy Quxxn day everyone! This photo was made by me and potsed on my 2nd twitter, @QuxxnSupporters.
Anyway, if you are unaware what quxxn day is, or who quxxn is…
Quxxn (Pronounced queen) was one of (if not the most) popular sims 3 “let’s player” on youtube. And for a good reason. She was very funny, entertaining, and also did good sims game reviews. On July 21st 2013, Quxxn passed away after having a minor surgery that apparently caused an infection. (Apparently, I’m not sure if that is confirmed or not, it’s not really a huge matter how she died, it’s that she did die.
After Quxxn’s passing on July 21st, the sims community decided to create a special holiday for her remembrance, on July 22nd, and that became quxxn day. Quxxn’s channel was taken over by her younger sister, Alicia, who uploads videos there and on her other channel.
Quxxn was one of my favorite simmers and I still love to watch her videos. It was a shock to have her go.
I always loved watching her videos. She was so cheerful and so much fun. I miss her.